Saturday, July 2, 2016

Travel Journal Entry 002 - It's Official, One-way Flight to Kona Booked for Early August

kilauea, hawaii, volcano, lava

Mom, Chip, and I were sitting around the first fire of their newly hardscaped backyard. Small victories. The dry creek bed is in place, the bridge is sturdy, and the fire circle is complete. There is still a lot of work to be done, mostly adding sweet green life! But they were happy with the progress so far and I was happy for them.

However, something bigger was on my mind. We talked about the stars and the planets. How fast does earth spin around its axis? 1040 mph. How fast does the earth rotate around the sun? 67,000 mph. How fast does the moon rotate around our planet? 2,288 mph. For some reason, I was concerned with velocity - how fast and in what direction.

We're flying through space, spinning like a top, skipping around the sun, floating fast as a solar system in a galaxy within the universe. It's mind boggling but it's always worked and so while seemingly the grandest risk of all it still feels safe, it feels like home. It is divine.

Every single time I take a risk that my intuition supports, I am rewarded. The leap into the unknown allows something more powerful to click and then it feels as if my every action is supported by the universe. It's moments like this that make believing worthwhile. Believe in yourself, believe in others, believe in the plants to grow and the water to nourish, believe in the stars to align, whatever it is, just trust.

So that's when I pressed the green button.

Your reservation is confirmed. 

I booked a one-way flight to Kona for early August. I don't quite know where I'll sleep, on which farm I'll work, or how I will eat. I have less than a thousand dollars in my bank account, much less now after booking the flight. But what I do have in abundance is determination, good will, and trust in my lucky stars.

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment